Crippling Gnome-power-manager, Why!

Don Springall don_springall at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:24:09 UTC 2006

>From: Jonathan Berry <berryja at gmail.com>
>To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
><fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: Crippling Gnome-power-manager, Why!
>Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:52:17 -0600
>
>On 2/16/06, Don Springall <don_springall at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I can not believe the whole lot of you. Here we are supposed to be
>polishing
> > off bugs for release 3 and we are still arguing about what the menu
>should
> > look like and how gpm works.
>
>I don't look at it that way.  We are testing, right?  If something
>doesn't work, we report it.  Well, something didn't work (there was no
>(easy) way to shutdown) and we reported it.  We tried something new,
>and didn't like it.  Perhaps it isn't a bug, per se, but it is
>something that could be considered wrong at the least.  Is that not a
>part of testing too?
>
>And I have not seen much arguing.  There has been some discussion and
>some suggestions made, at least as I see it.
>
> > Was Monday not supposed to be a feature freeze
> > ?
>
>I think it was, but I haven't been here long enough to know exactly
>what that is supposed to mean :-).
>
>Jonathan
I think we can safefly assume that if someone is suggesting that upstream is
smoking bad crack that maybe that is an argument or a flame if you like. My
point being there does not seem to be any management of the features being
released or the timing of them. They could not wait one more week once test
3 is out the door to start this stuff ? Release 3 has already been delayed
once due to gcc 4.1 changes.