Problems with deskbar-applet

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Fri Feb 17 00:19:07 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 23:02 -0500, Stelian Iancu wrote:
> Latest rawhide: when trying to load deskbar-applet, I get the following
> error message:
>
> The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:Deskbar_Applet".
>
> and then a question about keeping or deleting this applet.

> 1. Since deskbar-applet is not in the core Fedora (but in Extras), is
> this the correct list to report such problems?

Actually, Bugzilla is the correct place to report such problems. But I'm
subscribed here regardless ;)

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/

> 2. How can I debug the issue, so I can give more complete and pertinent
> information?

Run "/usr/lib/deskbar-applet/deskbar-applet -w" and attach any output to
the bug report. There recently was a small problem with 2.13.91 reported
wrt prctl, but I wasn't sure if Fedora had this problem.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/