KDE screensaver

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 17 05:27:33 UTC 2006

Mike Leahy wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone knows why I'm unable to open the
> screensaver settings in the KDE desktop...I think I asked this a few
> weeks ago, but I don't think anyone had an answer at the time, as I
> had nothing to show from my audit log.  At any rate, I tried this
> again (this hasn't worked at all since that first attempt), and I did
> find the messages (below) appearing in the audit log when I tried to
> open the settings dialogue again.  If this is an SELinux issue (as
> Rahul originally suspected), how should I go about resolving it?

So how do I resolve and provide a feedback on a potential SELinux issue
or any issue for that matter?. Thats  a good question to ask.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing

If its a SELinux related one you might get AVC denied errors in the
audit or messages log. Then you set it to permissive and check if the
issues goes away.  We have a troubleshooting section to understand in
depth whats happening at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux. Post to
fedora-selinux list if it a SELinux policy issue or to this list
otherwise asking if anyone else has seen the problem. Followup with a
bug report on http://bugzilla.redhat.com. Post to this list with the
bugzilla link just so that people are aware of the common issues and
dont post duplicates. If you are problem isnt fixed on a reasonable
amount of time followup on this or the fedora-devel list especially if
you consider it a major regression or blocker bug for any particular
test release. Do it in a way that provides developers enough time to fix
the issue and get a release out. Thats the way to go.

--
Rahul