Gnome-power-manager does not display remaining battery time

Partha Bagchi pb at partha.com
Sun Feb 19 16:09:45 UTC 2006

I am not sure whether this has been reported or not. On my hardware, the
gnome-power-manager does not display the amount of time left when on
battery. If you mouse over it, it shows:
                Computer is running on battery power
                Unknown time (81%) remaining

My current hardware is  an HP dv8000 with AMD 64bit CPU. On my previous
Centrino laptop this was not an issue  at least with the battery applet.

uname -a: Linux 2.6.15-1.1955_FC5 #1 SMP Wed Feb 15 15:45:28 EST 2006
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks,
Partha