FC5t3: Install with Nvidia Geforce 7600GT problem

Adam Gibson static at xstatica.com
Tue Feb 21 01:35:36 UTC 2006

When the actual install screen comes up I just get a corrupted display.
  I can just make out what is there and sometimes can see the welcome
screen with a button to start/continue the installation.  The
mouse/cursor works.  I can move the cursor anywhere I want but clicking
on the messed up looking button does nothing.

I noticed that when starting up Fedora, it mentions found Nvidia unknown
device 0092 .

I assume it is defaulting to the VESA driver which seems to have some
kind of problem with the 7600GT(even though vesa worked under FC4 for
the 7600GT before manually changing it to nv).

If it is defaulting to VESA is there a way to force FC5t3 to use the nv
driver instead?  It would be interesting to see if the nv driver works.

What does it take to get device 0092 added to the approved nvidia device
list so that it is detected properly to use the nv driver?

I am using the x86_64 DVD install btw for an AMD 4000+.