X trouble with Intel 82810E DC-133 graphics chipset in FC5T2

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Wed Feb 22 00:27:40 UTC 2006

On 01/22/2006 11:58:52 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:53:35PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>  > On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 18:54 -0500, Willem Riede wrote: > > I tried to
> upgrade an oldish Dell Optiplex GX110 that's now running FC3
>  > > to FC5T2, and this is how far I got:
>  > [snip] > > Known problem? Should I bugzilla? Provide more information?
>  > > It looks like this is probably due to agpgart going away from the i586
>  > kernel (which is used as the CD kernel).  Can you file a bug against the
>  > kernel asking for it to be re-added as it's needed for this reason?
>
> I missed the original post. I assume this is some shared-mem video problem?
> Anyway, I just re-added it.

I'm happy to report that this problem no longer exists in FC5T3, however, this
PC now reproducibly locks up hard after several mintus of "Starting Install
Process". Nothing on screen to indicate what happened. The old FC3 stll boots.
Anaconda had created install.log and install.log.syslog, but both files are
empty.

Regards, Willem Riede.