X trouble with Intel 82810E DC-133 graphics chipset in FC5T2

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 01:38:45 UTC 2006

Willem Riede wrote:
> On 01/22/2006 11:58:52 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:53:35PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>  > On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 18:54 -0500, Willem Riede wrote: > > I tried
>> to upgrade an oldish Dell Optiplex GX110 that's now running FC3
>>  > > to FC5T2, and this is how far I got:
>>  > [snip] > > Known problem? Should I bugzilla? Provide more information?
>>  > > It looks like this is probably due to agpgart going away from the
>> i586
>>  > kernel (which is used as the CD kernel).  Can you file a bug
>> against the
>>  > kernel asking for it to be re-added as it's needed for this reason?
>>
>> I missed the original post. I assume this is some shared-mem video
>> problem?
>> Anyway, I just re-added it.
>
> I'm happy to report that this problem no longer exists in FC5T3,
> however, this PC now reproducibly locks up hard after several mintus of
> "Starting Install Process". Nothing on screen to indicate what happened.
> The old FC3 stll boots. Anaconda had created install.log and
> install.log.syslog, but both files are empty.
>
> Regards, Willem Riede.

I'm still downloading the DVD. I plan to Install after I get the DVD
downloaded and burned on a computer which has an Intel 815 video. I will
see if I get any further with the system than you were able to get.

Are you giving mountpoints or sharing /home with the FC5T3 installation?
I have FC4, FC5T2, Development and Windows ME on it presently. I use
seperate boot partitions for each installation and do not share any
volumes with the other installations. (separate /home. /boot, same swap)

If you are sharing common mountpoints with FC3, what happens if you do
not try to share mountpoints between installations?

Jim