Install test3 from Hard Drive

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 22 13:18:51 UTC 2006

Eric Brunson wrote:
> Is there a way to coerce the test3 installer to read its ISO images from
> a filesystem on an LVM VG?
I tried this about a month ago, but couldn't find out what would be
needed. I understand though that the 80M rescue cd contains a much wider
range of device and logical drivers than the boot.iso, and it may just
be a matter of passing the correct value in the boot: prompt or in the
hard disk method ?

I resorted to making some /home/install space on an ext3 drive so that
the isos would be available; I have also got around it by mounting the
iso's on another machine and making them available over ftp. (for dvd
mount on eg disc, while for CD mkdirs of disc1, d2, d3, d4 etc and give
the disc1 folder as the image location.

DaveT.