Following upgrade of FC5 with T3 device mapper failure during boot

Glen Carreras carrerasg at noesnada.com
Wed Feb 22 15:49:00 UTC 2006

I just tried an upgrade from T2 to the T3 release.  I was running Fedora
in VMWare (the VM community released version) on a WinXP host.  The
upgrade went smoothly however upon rebooting to the newly upgraded
version I am greeted with a panic.  The pertinent information that I can
see at this point are in the following lines.

No volume groups found
Unable to find volgroup "VolGroup00"
unable to access resume device (dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)

Any other info that might be useful I will be happy to supply.  Also,
any help with fixing this would be much appreciated, the install was
looooong and I hate to think I lost all that time :)

Thanks,
Glen