hibernate/suspend?

Mike Leahy mgleahy at golden.net
Thu Feb 23 22:10:06 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I installed FC5T3 yestereday.  I found that I was able to successfully
hibernate/restart before running any updates.  However, it took about 3
or 4 minutes to complete, partly because of some errors I get when the
screen first goes blank...something that looks like:

   "end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, <something else here>".

Last time I asked about this, somebody said it was an issue with the
kernel.

At any rate, I ran yum to update the system, and hibernate is pooched
again...it just goes black, shows those end_request errors about
accessing a floppy device that I don't even have on my laptop, and then
just sits there.  As an alternative, I tried to suspend.  This worked
halfway, until I un-suspended, after which I got just a blank screen.
Is there anything I should do to try to debug either the suspend or
hibernate tools?

Mike