FC4 -> FC5t3 notes

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 23:07:32 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, G.Wolfe Woodbury <ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us> wrote:
> I found that /etc/sysconfig/network got overwritten and loses the
> hostname.
>
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ files did not get updated correctly, wrong repos left
> enabled.
>
> some of the stuff in /etc/sysconfig/networking/  gets scrambled

ALSO, nfs clients from this server cannot read the nfs mounted dirs.
Although /etc/exports was not changed, and I exported them again from
the fc5t3 machine.

Also, my external usb 2.0 drive needs some coaxing to work. It has 3
partitions, and they show up differently on the Gnome desktop upon
every boot, and dont show up at all on the kde desktop. It does some
weird stuff when unmounting via the gui. But I'll wait after the  yum
update is complete to verify again.

Otherwise, pretty cool. Sorry, the list of goodies is too long to list!

-nat