Xair - DRM fails

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:44:49 UTC 2006

2006/2/24, Sessoms, Mack <zac9 at cdc.gov>:
> disabling selinux works for me also.  i'm using intel 82865g integrated
> (i810 driver). effects are cool looking.  can someone contact Ray Strode
> to have the wiki page
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/AiglxOnFedora
> include this tip?
>
> David Nielsen wrote:
> > fre, 24 02 2006 kl. 11:41 +0100, skrev Ralph Angenendt:
> >> Talking to myself:
> >>
> >> SELinux is turned off.
> >
> > With SELinux off, I am able to get this Xair stuff running on my Radeon
> > 7000 - it's quite slow but today a new 9250 should be arriving just for
> > this kind of testing.

Disabling selinux isnt a solution a solution at all... rather report
the problem with bugzilla to get a real solution instead of telling
people to turn off important security features.

i do not recommend to turn off selinux and turn off important security
bits of the system neither for eye candy nor for other
tasks/applications.

I doubt any fedora developer does want to recommend that either ;).

regards,
Rudolf Kastl