"install everything" and @everything dumped

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 24 22:29:43 UTC 2006

Hi

> - Not having a desktop where customization and completely stupid
> ideas. (gss and nautilus browsing behavior) are pushed into the
> desktop to spite user feedback to the contrary. (GNOME)

What does this have to do with a everything installation?. If you have
request for enhancements to gss and nautilus browsing behavior, file them

> Metacity even cut out the windows managing feature. This is base for
> what the program is supposed to accomplish in the first place.
> Simplicity is not the answer.

Not sure what you refer to as the windows managing feature. Last time I
checked they were moving towards the direction of adding more window
management option with features like edge resistance. Again unsure how
this relates to everything installation.

> Upstream co-operation with project goals and usability and
> customizability are better served with divergence from upstream.

Diverging from upstream solution is a long term maintenance issue. We
need to be careful about that.

--
Rahul