FC5T3 : External firewire disk not working

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 11:02:43 UTC 2006

--- Remi Collet <Liste at famillecollet.com> wrote:

> Using a FC5T3 with full update (kernel-2.6.15-1.1977_FC5,
> udev-084-6...)
>
> I have a external drive connected to firewire (working very well with
> FC4).
> And when "hotpluging" the disk :
> Feb 25 10:07:08 remi kernel: ieee1394: Error parsing configrom for
> node
> 0-00:1023

Hi;
  I had the same problem.
I did an 'lsmod' and wrote down the USB and ieee1394 stufff.
Then I booted 'kubuntu 5.10' DVD.
This detected the drive and I was able to mount it as ext3.
So I did a 'lsmod' - noticed that 'sbp2' was enabled.

Went back to FC5T3 and did a 'modprobe sbp2'
Was then able to use the drive.

I put this command in '/etc/rc.d/rc.local' so it is done at boot.

Mick M

Death before Decaf!!!