Burning ISOs

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 25 20:01:14 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 19:42 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 25 February 2006 19:35, Leon Stringer wrote:
> >
> > I'll install k3b and see what the results are like.
> >
> > Thanks for your replies!
>
> If you set the Verify flag in k3b it will check the md5sum of the burn agains
> the md5sum of the original file.

Sure, but I'm told this isn't reliable due to a long standing problem
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-January/msg02061.html).

And as I suspected K3B uses cdrecord underneath as does GNOME. That said
I've just burnt one CD with K3B which has worked first time so it's
doing a better job than GNOME, so I'm getting somewhere.

Thanks,

Leon...