"install everything" and @everything dumped

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Feb 25 20:15:54 UTC 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 10:27:44 +0100,

> It wouldn't hurt to summarize the reasoning in a sentence. If the
> technical bits are there (which obviously will be if it will be
> supported for kickstart input), then why deprive the user from using
> the gui/tui to do that? How should the typical user perform an
> effective everything install? Should he start learning kickstart?

It would sure be nice to at least be able to select all of the check boxes,
the same as you can do manually. It is a real pain to go though everything
turning stuff on one check box at a time.
While most of the extra stuff, I don't really care about, but I have plenty
of disk space so it is easier to just have stuff installed in case I want it
later.