Burning ISOs

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Feb 26 01:42:39 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 22:10 +0000, Leon Stringer wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 15:16 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 19:26 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> > > Is there a problem?  As Stella said, k3b can handle it.
>
> > The nautilus cdburner can also handle it.
>
> No, nautilus can't. That's my problem. nautilus gave me a stack of
> coasters. K3B has been 100% reliable...

YMMV.   For me, nautilus has done an admirable job and has not created a
single coaster.  I have used nautilus as well as k3b since FC4 was
released.  I had only used k3b when on FC3.

You have the ability to select burn speed within nautilus as well as
within k3b so for a quick burn from an existing iso file (or even from a
list of files) nautilus has done an outstanding job for me.

Your problems may also stem from the quality of your burner as well as
the media you use.