Burning ISOs

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Sun Feb 26 12:49:30 UTC 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:21:17 +0000, Leon Stringer wrote:

> I'm trying to install FC5t3 on another computer, but I can't burn the
> ISOs.
>
> I've tried burning from GNOME and using cdrecord, e.g.
>
> cdrecord dev=/dev/hda -eject -v -dao FC-5-Test3-i386-disc1.iso

I just burned a CD with:

  cdrecord mycd.iso

It chose TAO rather than DAO, and 4x because it's a CD-RW I just blanked
with "cdrecord blank=fast".  The CD mounts OK if I mount as root,
otherwise it tell me "You are not privileged to mount the volume
'volume-name'."  But it tells me this for other CDs too.

	-Paul