Xair - DRM fails

Ralph Angenendt ralph+fedora at strg-alt-entf.org
Sun Feb 26 13:46:42 UTC 2006

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> you can improve the quality of this bugreport by
> 1) installing the respective -debuginfo rpms (in this case of Xair and
> the driver)
> 2) running the app from inside gdb
> and then when the crash hits,
> 3) type "bt"
>
> that gives a similar backtrace, but with a LOT more useful information
> (such as function names and filenames + line numbers) for the developers
> to figure this one out...

I don't seem to be able to do that (following "the book" at
<http://wiki.x.org/wiki/DebuggingTheXserver>).

When attaching to a running Xair from a remote machine, I cannot
reproduce the bug, as it happens at startup. Running "gdb /usr/bin/Xair"
from a remote machine doesn't seem to trigger the bug.

Starting Xair in gdb from the local machine inhibits me from getting
back to gdb. And using a script as described in
<http://wiki.x.org/wiki/DebuggingTheXserver#head-e988cb1d62739154287e8231cb2cdd9732b65428> gives me some output, but none concerning the error.

And as the error doesn't make Xair dump core either, I have no core file
which I can run gdb against.

Any hints? I'd really like to help, as I really like to see some eye
candy :)

Ralph