eth0 ceases to function after reboot on FC5T3

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Feb 27 10:16:37 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 12:19:08PM -0800, Dane Mutters wrote:

> That fixed it!  It now reports the MAC address of "00:04:5A:55:96:57".  It
> does look like it's at least somewhat hardware-related.  The one question I
> have, though, is why does this this card work with the wrong MAC address in
> Knoppix, but not in Fedora?  Could it have to do with Kudzu segfaulting?

It's just flakyness, you probably see randomly the good or bad MAC
address appearing after a reboot.  After some day the card will only
show the wrong MAC address (in our case at least two of these cards
died definitively after an external power failure, I don't know why).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>