FC5T3: Duplicate packages installed

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 27 16:33:02 UTC 2006

Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:

>> Alternatively, we could discourage the use of rpm as a command itself
>> and push people toward using repoquery. repoquery acts on local rpmdb's
>> as much as repositories.
>>
>> and repoquery's default format is:
>> name-epoch:ver-rel.arch
>

> Additionally a note in Release Notes in x86_64 specific part about it
> could go a long way as to prevent some confusion. One short paragraph
> that the x86_64 release contains some packages in two versions 32- and
> 64-bit and eventually how to query for them.

I have a added a note that mentions this and recommends using repoquery
instead along with the rpm command to list architecture. The release
notes for FC5 might be already frozen for translation though. If so it
will be available in the updated web errata published.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/ArchSpecific/x86_64

--
Rahul