Issues with test 3

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Tue Feb 28 02:22:22 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 11:12 +0000, Mike Martin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I installed test 3 last night and I have the following issues
>
> 1. Bash scripts not picking up varaiable eg:
>
> this (very simple) script
>
> ffmpeg -i $2 -b $1 $3
>
> when run results in a message from ffmpeg about io error (no file)

Is this run from the command line?  If so then $1, $2, and $3 have no
values.  These variables are initialized from the command like making
the call and exist only within the script environment.

for example
script 1 2 3
would call a script named script and within that script the variables
$1, $2, and $3 would have the values 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

If you are calling a script that then calls ffmpeg with the line given
then that should work.