gnome-power-manager-2.13.92-1

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Feb 28 03:29:57 UTC 2006

Don Springall wrote:
> After today's update and the last version I no longer see where one sets
> at what percent your battery goes to critical.  It is no longer off the
> power manager icon preferences or in the preferences under menu more
> preferences - power management. Is this a feature or a bug ?
>
> Also the preferences dialog off right clicking the power manager icon is
> the same as the menu power management. Do we need two ways to set this ?

I dislike the removal of the menu for choosing suspend or hibernate.
(old issue, no major distraction).
I do like the current layout for AC power, battery power and options
over the previous layout.. I like the slide controls though pulldown
menu choices are fine.

Putting back suspend/hibernate in the applet and removing the suspend
choice from the system menu would be better in my view.

BTW - the battery applet is still available as a choice. I use the
battery applet also.

Thanks for mentioning the change to g-p-manager. I had some settings set
that might cause my computer to go into suspend. I would rather have the
computer warn, then power off if the battery charge condition became
critical. When suspend works better for more users, suspend would
probably be a better default. Having more selectivity is always better
to cover more real world conditions.

Jim

--
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).