NFS install of FC5 T3

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 28 11:47:35 UTC 2006

Bob Chiodini wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 11:40 +0000, William John Murray wrote:
>>   Hello there,
>>    For the second, I tried the same, and it said the directory did not
>> contain a Fedora installation. So I read the README, which says to
>> unpack the iso files. I really don't think I did that the first time,
>> but never mind. Done. The installation started, then complained there
>> was no 'repomd' information. So I copied that as well - but if it is
>> needed it should be in the README.
>>
>>   Which is correct? Am I dreaming that unpacking the ISO was not needed?
>>        Bill
For ftp install I copied each iso to the same folder, created subfolders
named
fc5/disc1 disc2 disc3 disc4 disc5, and then mount -o loop each one.

In the ftp install you get asked the ftp server address, and the folder
containing the install.
In the folder path you put the path fc5 folder name.
The installer first guesses you have the whole (dvd) tree there, but
when it doesn't find the whole thing there it also tries the /disc1 etc
path, at the same folder level.
This can be seen be going to the ctrl-alt-F3 or F4 terminals, as it
tries it.

I have never tried an nfs install, so it may be different. Make sure the
nfs is shared with appropriate rights!

DaveT.