Shutting down with an automounted CD - giving errors

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 28 13:43:50 UTC 2006

Last few days I have left a CD-RW in my CD drive. When I shutdown, I
notice an extended delay before shutdown (15 secs maybe). I checked the
shutdown log and found errors where umount of the CD is failing.

The disc in question is the Fedora core 5 t 1 disc 1 (i think). The
automount icon on the desktop shows:
FC_5-Test1 i386

The umount error is putting ~ /x040 where the space is in the volume
name. It then repeats this every few seconds until it finally does a
shutdown disks and power off, which works.

Does this occur for anyone else ?

I so, what component do startup/shutdown scripts belong to ?

DaveT.