First time boot screen?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Feb 28 20:58:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 22:58, Gerry Tool wrote:
> Every time I reboot, the splash screen that covers up the details has a
> moment when it displays "first boot startup" or something similar to
> that.  My understanding of "first boot" is that it happens once just
> after install, not on every boot.  If that is correct, then that segment
> of the startup is mislabeled.

Nope, that is supposed to work that way.  When the firstboot service
starts it looks to see if it is the first boot, if so it asks those
initial questions otherwise it does nothing.

I do wonder why it doesn't do a chkconfig firstboot off after it gets
through running.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!