rawhide report: 20051231 changes (installation succeded but sys does not boot)

dragoran dragoran at feuerpokemon.de
Sun Jan 1 12:30:10 UTC 2006

dragoran schrieb:

> Mike Chambers wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 12:03 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
>>

>>> dragoran wrote:
>>>

>>> Yep, I did a quick boot with that kernel "warm from the oven" last
>>> night.
>>>
>>> I've just completed a clean install of rawhide for the first time in
>>> ten days :-) Unfortunately this install has still resulted in an
>>> un-bootable machine, it looks like a grub issue, which could be due
>>> to my ks.cfg :-(
>>>

>> Well not sure on the unbootable part, but my rawhide install went fine
>> (cept being slower than normal) and it is bootable/usable machine (as
>> mentioned in last email, system is slow though).
>>
>> Mike
>>

> I aborted because it was too slow..
> now I try again with 1806 hope that its faster now

installation finshed
software raid0 (hda1 +hdb2)
boot on hda2 ; swap on hdb1
system won't boot label SWAP-hdb1 not found
unable to access resume device (LABEL=SWAP-hdb1)
EX3-fs: unable to read superblock
I booted into rescue mode (which was broken)
so I booted with the fc4 dvd rescue mode and did mkswap -L SWAP-hdb1
/dev/hdb1 (did not help)
so I removed the fstab entry for it .. still the same problem...
whats wrong? the fc4 kernel on cd boots fine...
should I fill this in bugzilla? agains what kernel? or did anaconda
messed things up (raid)?