yum has no baseurl on FC5

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Sun Jan 1 16:45:44 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>>I agree, it seems like a network problem at the mirror end.  The fact
>>that I had the problem occur on the FC4 host, with NO changes to that
>>host, and recover with NO changes to that host, makes me suspicious of
>>magic at the other end.
>

> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-rawhide
>
> can you get to that url in a webbrowser?

Yes, I see the pkgs in the list on the browser.

===
I have found that if I disable
   fedora-base-repo
and
   fedora-extras-repo
then yum works and I brought in kernel 1806 and 2 selinux pkg updates.

When I re-enable the above 2 repos, I go back to the problem of can not
find the baseurl  (due to the search order it reports failure to find
'base', but if I disable 'base' then it reports failure to find 'extras')

--
Glenn
Hamilton, Ont