Error activating xkb configuration

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 2 13:06:58 UTC 2006

Hi.

For about a month I've been greeted by this message every time I log in.
Any suggestions? What's the correct bugzilla component?

Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
69999904

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd

=====
xprop -root |grep XKB:
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xorg", "pc105", "us", "", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xorg", "pc105", "us", "", ""

gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd:
 layouts = [us,bg       phonetic]
 model = pc105
 overrideSettings = false
 options = [grp grp:alts_toggle]