fc5 kernels after 1788 have excessive, kernel overhead

Andy Burns fedora-test at adslpipe.co.uk
Mon Jan 2 22:46:56 UTC 2006

Andy Burns wrote:

> just got to reinstall a base system on the box

Hmmm, now I've duplicated another problem a saw earlier :-(

If I PXE boot and do a base install, on the reboot grub complains about
being unable to recognise the LVM partition, I don't know if it it gets
drives or partitions confused, using the default partition scheme so it
has got an ext3 /boot as well as the LVM.

I'll investigate and follow that up separately, it could depend the
initial partitions on the drives, whether it was PXE or CD boot, or my
kickstart file ...