rawhide report: 20060104 changes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Jan 4 22:32:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 09:26 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 03:16 -0500, Build System wrote:
> > libgnomecanvas-2.13.0-1
> > -----------------------
> > * Tue Jan 03 2006 Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> - 2.13.0-1
> > - Update to 2.13.0
> >
> Hmm, after updating this I'm getting the following error when I try to
> 'startx'.
>
> Interestingly, gdm won't start.  The hard disk goes into a tizzy and the
> login never appears (this may be related to the stuff below).  I
> switched to a terminal and then tried starting X from the command line.
>
> I get the following error:
>
> /usr/bin/gnome-session: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgnomecanvas-2.so.0 cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory.
>
> This is in the middle of some other Xorg output (about Synaptics stuff)
> but it's the only thing that seemed out of place and since I had to
> write it down to type in again on a different install I didn't bother to
> note all the other stuff (but will if someone thinks it's important.

Replying to ones-self is never good.

I also forgot to mention that system-config-printer didn't run because
of a similar message.  This was before I rebooted to the most recent
rawhide kernel, but after the update.

Oh and I had to exclude libgtop and gnome-system-monitor to get the
update to work.

Rodd

 It's much better on my side"