yum update displaying weird text with wildcards

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 6 03:34:35 UTC 2006

Hi, since fedora-devel repo is having trouble (libosp.so.4 for
openjade), I've been updating by using wildcards:
# yum --disablerepo=extras-development update s* t* u*
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not find update match for s*
Could not find update match for tall mc
Could not find update match for u*
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion
#

I can't imagine where the "t*" could be getting turned into "tall mc" (I
wondered if I or the repo had been hacked!). It doesn't seem to cause
further problems with the update, but that's not finished yet.