Online resizing of ext3 filesystems {shrink}

goemon at anime.net goemon at anime.net
Mon Jan 9 20:29:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Andy Burns wrote:
> I don't know many real world servers where users end up using *less* space,
> it's always *more* space, so growing is always more important than shrinking

kernel developers shouldn't let lack of imagination dictate what users
can't do. just because it's not useful to you doesn't mean it's not
important to someone else.

things you learn from supporting larg customer bases. don't try to second
guess and dictate what your customers need. give them flexibility to do
what they need.

-Dan