mono? true?

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 10 09:01:58 UTC 2006

As many people pointed out, the linux kernel (ignorant of patents by
intent), java implimentations and samba are likely canidates of patent
conflicts too (though lets hope we'll never see such conflicts), so that
might not have been enough reason to keep it out of Fedora Core.

Its worth noting that there are no patent conflicts with mono, only fears
that maybe in the future there might be (like with a few other products
included in Fedora as those mentioned above for example). There's a huge
difference between 'we fear maybe some day down the road there might be...'
 And 'patent conflicts'. Luckily it's the first and not the second :-)

I for one hope this news item is true and it'll be a part of Fedora Core.
There's some nice apps out there that are dependent on it (Beagle, f-spot,
etc) and it's a nice language to offer people next to the slew of other
languages that are already available out of the box on Fedora Core.

	-- Chris