mono? true?

D Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Tue Jan 10 15:25:14 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Hi
>

>> As of last night I was *so* frustrated with fc... particularly
>> because my ability to use tomboy comes and goes as core, extras, and
>> 3rd party mono packages break and fix each other; having to manually
>> apply the sata-suspend patch with every new kernel; and the
>> perpetually broken state of gnome-pilot (currently the evo conduits)
>> in fc
>

> Is Evolution conduits still broken in rawhide?. Do you have a bug
> report on this?

The evolution conduits are not being built (they're turned off in the
spec file).  There is a comment in the changelog from a while back
saying the conduits were being turned off "for now".  I tried turning
them back on locally and they failed to compile.  This has to be
something specific to the FC build environment though, as the evo 2.5.3
conduits were built (and working beautifully I might add) in the ubuntu
beta when I tested it last week.

Is it still appropriate to file a bug if the maintainer turned them off
intentionally?  I'll happily do anything I can to help nudge this
along... not being able to sync my Treo has been the sole reason I've
had a windows box sitting next to my laptop at work for the past year.

DC