mono? true?

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Jan 10 17:01:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 11:56 -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
>
> > That is *utterly* insane. I edit a programmers magazine in the UK and
> > from you're saying just about every piece of code anyone submits is
> > prone to patent infraction.
>
> That's how software patents work...
>
> Personally, I believe it is safe to assume:
> 	. Fedora's commitment to truly free software will continue -
> 	including software free of legal problems caused by patents.
>
> 	. The decision to include Mono has been adequately reviewed
> 	by Many Smart People.

thanks for patting us on the head and telling us not to worry about it
but I do not accept your assurances no more than I believe the terrorist
alert warning level. So why don't you shelve the platitudes about 'Many
Smart People' and get some answers that are both fulfilling and,
unbelievably, the truth.

-sv