Latest rawhide vs Bootchart

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Jan 10 22:10:12 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 07:07 -0800, John Reiser wrote:
> > Just out of curiousity I installed bootchart and ran it against the
> > latest rawhide (yesterday) ...
>
> > http://www.miketc.com/bootchart.png
>
> So what _was_ going on between 22.2 and 36.1 seconds on the chart?
> CPU utilization was a couple percent, I/O wait was a couple percent,
> disk was idle (all except for start of {nptd, sendmail, gpm, crond,
> fc-cache} at 33.3-34.2 seconds.)  The last significant activity
> was syslogd I/O at 22.3 seconds.

ntpdate I believe is what it was waiting on.  AFAICT that is the only
service that really had a pause.  Most everything doesn't take too long,
with *maybe* the network (eth0 in my case, and it's on static network),
but prolly not to the point of anything can be done.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"