Hal & gnome power manager

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 23:05:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 15:16 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 11:46 -0700, Don Springall wrote:
> > Because gnome power manager stopped giving me mesagages that it was running
> > low on power. Since we have not had a new version of gpm and we have had new
> > versions of hal and dbus I think maybe there is a problem.
>
> This is because g-p-m is now built with libnotify support and you thus
> need to have the notify-daemon RPM installed.

I had a feeling this was the issue.  We should make something pull
notify-daemon in.

> Interestingly enough, the daemon seems to want COMPOSITE enabled on my X
> server; is that going to be enabled by default in Fedora Core 5?

If you enabled the composite extension in your xorg.conf then we get an
ARGB visual and assume composite.  This will change in the future when
Soren adds a selection to his comp manager which I can check to see if a
comp manager is running.  We then make that the standard.  In fact I am
going to turn off composite in my next release.