Fedora Core 4 Test Update: NetworkManager-0.5.1-1.FC4.1

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:47:51 UTC 2006

On 1/11/06, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yeah, David and I have talked about that extensively, and that's likely
> the route that NM would go.

excellent!  The proposal he outlines in that blog post resonates
deeply i think as a solution to the general problem of system wide
configs even with the UI focus is clearly for per-user interaction for
whatever dbus enabled service manager you can dream up.  I'd really
hate to have to fight the same fight over and over again with each
dbus-tricked out service. We solve this "no-one/multiple-people logged
in" policy crap in a general way and everybody wins from now until the
sun blows up.

-jef