kernel 2.6.15-1.1854_FC5 adds 30 sec to boot time

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 15 13:56:44 UTC 2006

Booting the latest kernel shows 120 seconds (2min) compared to the 1853
version recently monitored which was around 95 seconds. The other
kernels were booted without selinux since it was giving me some problems
before. SELinux allowed normal boot with the charts for this attempt
booting.
The latest version 1854 is shown below. I have available but not
presently uploaded the 1853 kernel version.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JimCornette

Jim

Additional comments:
Also pup combined with pirut worked out fine. The additional feedback
when pirut completed worked. The removal of the pup seperate package
went as planned. No new packages to try out with the new pup yet, but it
launches successfully.

--
We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity -- so UP yours, Microsoft!