ReiserFS 3.6

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sun Jan 15 17:12:25 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 11:06 -0600, Tom wrote:
>     Can Fedora install, r/w to existing R_FS partitions?
>
>     I imagine I'll just havt'a sort out yum an what repos (mirrors,
> sources) to use for myself for (daily?) updates, but any advance
> heads up would also be much appreciated. TIA,

In the past, passing 'reiser' to the installer would allow you to use
reiser during the install.  For a while SELinux would not work with
reiser.  That may have changed, I'm not sure.  At Red Hat we focus on
ext3, so our support for other file systems is not the best.  We
generally make it available for use, but don't concentrate QA efforts or
whatnot on it.  So all I can really say is your milage may vary.  Best
to not touch that partition at all during the install, maybe not even
telling it where to mount so that you can handle it yourself upon boot.

As for nightly updates, test releases come with yum repos preconfigured
for the Development strain, which will give you daily updates.  And when
it breaks (as it often does) you get to keep all the pieces (;