More on pulling in mono (was Rawhide updates 14th Jan 2006)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:32:10 UTC 2006

On 1/15/06, Paul F. Johnson <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> That's just it - I have never installed mono, other than from the
> source, on this machine.

Based on the information you have so far presented, this is difficult
to believe.  And you need to choose your words much more carefully in
the future when you are reporting odd behavior. Your original report
said that yum was "installing" mono-core.  There is a distinction with
"installing" and "updating".. a distinction that is made clear even in
the summary report yum gives you. mono-core is being "updated" and not
"installed"

And I have to assume the command you did was yum -d 6 update.  Please
when showing output always start with the exact command you use to
initiate the yum session.

> I check when I do updates and nothing.

You checked what exactly?  You haven't presented us with any
information concerning the state of your rpm database before you
attempted any update.  Before you attempt an update,   yum list
mono-core

-jef