ReiserFS 3.6

goemon at anime.net goemon at anime.net
Mon Jan 16 08:09:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> goemon at anime.net wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Tom wrote:
>>>   Can Fedora install, r/w to existing R_FS partitions?
>> Yes, but you will need to disable selinux. selinux does not run well (or
>> really, at all) on anything except ext3 at the moment.
>> But I have had enough problems with selinux even on ext3 that I usually
>> install with selinux disabled anyway. Maybe by FC6 all the selinux issues
>> will be sorted out for production servers :)
> Hmm. Does that mean that hundreds of thousands of RHEL 4 systems running
> SELinux is just a flick out of my creative imagination?

No it just means that I personally (and others) have issues with FC4
selinux on production servers, and that redhat has sarcastic and snippy
employees.

i'm pretty sure i'm not imagining selinux issues:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=REOPENED&field0-0-0=product&type0-0-0=substring&value0-0-0=selinux&field0-0-1=component&type0-0-1=substring&value0-0-1=selinux&field0-0-2=short_desc&type0-0-2=substring&value0-0-2=selinux&field0-0-3=status_whiteboard&type0-0-3=substring&value0-0-3=selinux

-Dan