Argh! What's happened?!

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 22:50:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

> > Only my DJ980cxi is recognised (I should also have a Samsung ML2250 on
> > there)
>
> No idea what you're talking about here.

I have two printers, a Samsung ML2250 and a DJ980cxi. Both are on USB,
only the DJ980cxi is seen. I've tested the leads and the printer on
another box and they check out.

> > USB pen drives doing nothing (not even registering)
>
> Thats because gnome-volume-manager doesn't start.  Volumes as in disk
> volumes, not audio.

Downgraded to the last g-v-m and everything is happy with that respect.
It's handy as I can check all of the USB ports and they're all fine.

> > I can only burn discs if I'm on as admin
>
> Most likely related to bug 176518

Possibly, but this is also happening when I use k3b (I'm not a fan of
nautilus-cd-burner)

> > Running bug buddy results in a dead bug buddy
>
> No known (by me) bug on this, care to file one?

Sure.

> > Gnome help is dead and presumed wobbly.
>
> Ditto from above.

Will do.

Just need to install the -debuginfo files for gnome-help

TTFN

Paul
--
"wir kamen, wir sahen, wir traten ihren Esel" - Dr Venkman, Ghostbusters