Kernels .1855+

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:56:16 UTC 2006

On 1/17/06, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 08:34 -0700, Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:
> > On 1/17/06, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com> wrote:
> > > Any kernel above .1854 totally slows down my system where I can hardly
> > > move the mouse, and everything is reallllll slowwwww.
> > >
> > > And this is with rawhide updates as of this morning.
>
> > Machine
> >   Motherboard:
>
> MS 7060 MB, which is model 661FM2-LSR Micro Star, which uses the SiS
> 661FX Chipset

Thanks for the info. It will help Arjan or David Jones to know better
what could be the culprit. I do not have similar hardware, so I could
not do an accurate duplication test.

The debuggings I would try
  Hyperthreading ON/OFF [SMP/UP]
  ACPI ON/OFF
  Selinux ON/OFF

These may all be dead-ends but might help cut down on other questions.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator