FC5T2 and Development issues, observations, and questions

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 17:15:19 UTC 2006

On 1/17/06, Nathan Grennan <fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org> wrote:
> 1. I noticed that the options to enabled or disable the firewall and
> selinux are now in firstboot. This created a situation where I filed a
> bug on httpd about large file support. In the end I figured out it was
> really selinux, but I had disabled selinux during firstboot. The problem
> came with the fact I hadn't rebooted. Overall I think the trend to
> moving everything to firstboot is a bad one, but I don't expect to be
> able to change the developers minds'.

You did a fresh install of fc5t2 but you didn't reboot? I'm a little
confused so I want to make sure I understand what you mean here. Do
you mean after running firstboot as normal on a fresh install.. you
didn't do a subsequent reboot? And that the changes you make to
selinux configuration during firstboot require an additional reboot
that you were not aware of?

-jef