lockups FC5t2

Joshua Andrews josh at wavefood.com
Wed Jan 18 04:08:56 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Joshua Andrews wrote:
>
>> every time I access the Internet and start to download anything, via
>> http or ftp, the system locks up after about 30 seconds.
>
>> run
>
> # yum update. Make sure you have the latest updates and running the
> latest kernel.
>

>> every time I access a site that has embeded flash the browsers
>> firefox and mozilla crash instantly with no messages!
>
> x86_64?
>

>> Why isn't pan in this release???  Pan is one of the best open source
>> user apps out there!
>
> It is in Fedora Extras-devel repository.
> # yum info pan.

Thanks, I looked for updates but I didn't see any via the rhn icon--is
yum a different deal?
I am running it on a dual p3 500 , i386--I scanned the list archives but
didn't find anything relevant in either case.
I'll check out the extras. Is yum already pointed to the extras or do I
have to configure it special?

Thanks,
- Joshua