Conflicts

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 19:41:30 UTC 2006

Andy Burns wrote:

> Anyone else seeing conflicts in today's rawhide?

I switched to runlevel 3 and did rpm -e xxxx --nodeps for each of

gnome-panel.i386
gnome-panel.x86_64
gnome-menu.i386
gnome-menu.x86_64
gnome-desktop.i386
gnome-desktop.x86_64

then did a yum install gnome-panel which picked up gnome-menus and
gnome-desktop as dependencies, and it installed the x86_64 versions of
all of them

I was pondering whether it should have ever installed the i386 versions,
and whether I should reinstall them, when I realised that only the
x86_64 versions exist for me today, so I switched back to runlevel 5 and
logged in and I've upset gnome-panel in a big way, it it refuses to
start and then loops attempting to restart, luckily nautilus runs from
the desktop icons so I could fire up gnome-terminal that way and get
into thunderbird ...

OK, now I'm firmly holding both broken pieces, any suggestions?