FC5T2 Pretty good so far

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Jan 19 15:22:32 UTC 2006

I plonked a spare 20GB drive in my boot shuttle, spun up the beast,
and was able to get to the installer. I noticed that I had the power
unplugged on my 6 video storage drives, so I shutdown and plugged
them in. Once all my drives were hooked up, I tried again, but this
time right after X started but before the initial install screen
the system shutdown. I yoinked the power on the 6 video drives, and
gave it another go and it came up. I did the install, and only
noticed one issue after installation so far. The "butterfly" icon
for the "office drawer" seems to be missing, I put the Gnome-Office
icon in it's place to stop the message every time I logged on.

One other small thing, on the initial boot screen, the F-Key
information is really dark, I couldn't even see it at first but
I got up to answer the phone and noticed it when I saw the LCD
panel from a side ways angle.

I haven't had a chance to spend much time on it, I will give a
go at reconnecting the power to the video drives to see if they
are properly detected after install.