Fedora release day

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 19 17:02:15 UTC 2006

Alan Cox wrote:

>On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 11:46:35PM +0100, Patrick wrote:
>

>>Don't people tend to have more time over the weekend? I would prefer
>>friday morning as a release time so I can download the release and
>>install it over the weekend. Guess it's a trade-off between quick
>>the weekend (at least that is my assumption).
>>

>I'd favour the weekend release also. I'm not sure how it works elsewhere in
>the world but all the folks here on cheaper ADSL generally get "unlimited"
>use weekends and late nights with bandwidth/volume limits other times.
>
>Alan

With the time offset round to the slow side of the planet, it might make
sense to publish the release day as Tuesday (eastern? US time midnite),
but open the servers on Monday as previously. Then the rest of the world
who are 6-9-16(au)-18(nz) hours ahead would find the release ready for
download on the specified roadmap day, rather than one-day later (which
is Tuesday anyway), and thinking...
OK, looks like something major went wrong and the release has slipped
again, and continually trying refresh to get a non-existent file...
just an idea.    DaveT.